|In recognizing and appreciating the fact that
History has brought the Israeli and the Palestinian People to live
side-by-side, In respecting each other's achievements, In embracing each
other's dreams and aspirations, In sincerely wishing to secure a
Peaceful and Prosperous Future for their children, grandchildren and
future generations, in which, uninhibited by conflict and continuous
fear of escalating tensions, they will work cooperatively together,
grateful for their fathers and grandfathers' far-sightedness and vision,
The Palestinian Authority, including all Parties represented therein,
1. Recognizes the State of Israel and desires to create a Friendly Neighboring State that will exist in Peace with Israel and mutual respect for each other's Sovereignty and Security.
2. Undertakes to cease, effective as soon as this agreement comes into force, all armed hostilities against the State of Israel in its Internationally Recognized Territories.
3. Promises to spare no effort in creating a Viable, Stable and Secure Democratic State that will Partner with the State of Israel in Respecting Fundamental Human Rights and in seeking Stability, Security and Prosperity for all People, irrespective of Ethnic Origin, Religion and Race.
The State of Israel
1. Recognizes and Supports the Joint Palestinian Administration.
2. Promises to Fulfill its Financial Obligations towards the Palestinian Authority without interruptions.
3. Undertakes to negotiate in Good Faith, without disrupting and jeopardizing acts, all outstanding issues that will lead to the establishment of a Palestinian State.
4. Pledges to support the future Palestinian State establish itself as a Stable, Secure, Democratic State that will Respect Fundamental Human Rights and become a Partner in Peace and Security, not only in their Bilateral Relations, but in their entire Geographic Neighborhood and beyond.
This agreement will come into force as soon as two copies, one signed by the Prime Minister of Israel, the other by the President of the Palestinian Authority are received by the Secretary-General of the United Nations in New York. The Secretary General undertakes not to make any announcements prior to the receipt of both signed instruments.
The Parties undertake to fulfill their obligations in good faith. This agreement will remain into force until one of the following occurs:
1. A significant and fundamental breach of any of the obligations described herein occurs.
2. A more permanent agreement or arrangement between the two Parties is ratified, in which it is explicitly stated that it replaces the Present Agreement.
The Prime Minister of Israel The President of the Palestinian Authority